Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.wethos.co and our blog site address is http://blog.wethos.co.
LAST UPDATED: NOVEMBER 18, 2020
Types of Personal Information Collected
We may collect Personal Information from you when you access or use the Services, including when you create an account, contact us, interact with other registered users (“Users”). We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
Information used to register an account.
You will be required to create a user account to become a User of the Services and access the full Services. When registering, you will be prompted to submit Personal Information that might include your first and last name, email address, phone number, physical address, bank account information, freelance employment status, hiring manager status, role title, social network links, reason for joining Wethos, a short biography and, if applicable, business, or entity information. You may also be required to submit a W-9, or other identifying financial information (to us or a third-party partner), work history, educational history and other information typically found on your resume such as licenses, skills and tool set. You may also choose to submit a photo or sample work when registering.
Information you submit to other Users.
As a User, you may interact with other Users, including to provide or receive certain services. When interacting with other Users, you may submit Personal Information, such as contact information, project information, bank account information, social security number or other information related to or required for a specific project, service, or work request by the other User. Information you submit to other Users, even if not provided through the Services, may be collected by Wethos and combined with other Personal Information we have about you.
Your payment information.
This may include your payment information or other payment services credentials and for other payment information needed to complete payments to Wethos, other Users, or for any other permissible purpose.
We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer identification number, to verify your identity or as may be required by law, including for tax and for compliance purposes. We may request documents to verify your information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or similar document.
Information you submit.
Information automatically gathered.
This includes details about your browser, computer, mobile device, Internet Protocol “IP” address or unique device identifier “UID”, and Services usage. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Service, areas within the Service that you visited, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. In order to collect this information, the Services and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics and service providers may use clear .gif files, browser fingerprints, pixels, data log files, heatmap files, web beacons, embedded scripts, and small text files known as cookies. Most web browsers and mobile devices allow you to disable cookies, but doing so will prevent you from utilizing and benefiting from all of the Services.
Information collected by our third-party service providers.
Our third-party service providers, including Google and other third party analytics and content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service. Certain mobile service providers may also provide us and our service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Services.
We may combine Personal Information and non-identifying information, but Wethos will treat the information, when combined, as Personal Information.
Referral Program – Wethos may offer a referral program “Referral Program” through which you can share information from the Services with friends and colleagues. To do so, you will need to enter the referee’s email address. Wethos may store this information for the sole purpose of sending your one-time referral email and tracking the success of the referral program. The referee can contact us at [email protected] to request us to remove their information from our database.
Social Sign-On – You may register with the Services by connecting your account with a third party social networking service (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn or other third party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services) (“SNS”). If you choose to register via an SNS, or to later link your account with the Service to your account with an SNS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through an SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the SNS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the Service to your account with an SNS. What we may share with the SNS is governed by the terms below. The Services also may enable additional interactions with an SNS. For example, if you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Services with an SNS or other third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Service (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). Your interactions with third parties are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties. You represent that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the SNS, and without obligating Wethos to pay any fees or making Wethos subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your Wethos account and your SNS account at any time in your User account. Please note that your relationship with any SNS is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your Wethos account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
Other personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We use a variety of third party services to run and improve our services. These third party services rely on the data generated from activity on this website. Below are the third party services that we use:
- Google Analytics and Mixpanel for understanding user behavior
- Mailchimp for sending emails to our users
- Intercom for providing live chat support to our users
- We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Third Party Links and Sharing
The Services may contain and additionally Users may post or share links to third party websites, applications, or downloads. We do not review or screen for the safety or veracity of these links. Please use caution when visiting any third-party links or content. You agree that Wethos will not be held for any cost, harm, damage, claim, expense or any other loss related to or arising out of your interaction with any third-party links or content.
If you agree to share information with or receive information, including marketing offers, from any third parties on the Services, you will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of that third party. You are advised to review those policies. Wethos is not responsible for the actions of third parties you interact with on the Services. If you later wish to cease sharing or receiving information from a third party, you will need to contact them directly.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Wethos contact information
Wethos 228 Park Ave S PMB 68911, New York, New York 10003-1502 US and by email [email protected]
- To facilitate the provision of Services and provide technology and other User support.
- To enable Users to interact, on and off the Services.
- To process payments.
- To verify the information you provide.
- To optimize or customize your experience on the Services, including to identify and provide certain information, offers, products, or services of Wethos, other Users and our partners to you. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes unless we first provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to or opt-out of such sharing.
- To fulfill obligations with vendors, service providers, partners and other third parties. We may utilize third parties to facilitate certain aspects of the services, including maintenance, analytics, support, payment processing. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in the course of performing their functions.
- To notify you about changes to the Services, or otherwise communicate with you, including regarding new products, services, surveys, or promotions that we or our partners may offer from time to time. These notifications may come through any channel for which you have provided information to us, including email, mail and SMS. You may opt-out of certain marketing communications, will not be able to opt-out of administrative or Service related messages without disabling your User Account.
- To provide you with sponsored content, marketing material, or other opportunities.
- To collect and combine information about you with information collected by third parties.
- To comply with all laws, regulatory processes, and legal processes, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and right of Wethos or a third party; to protect the safety of any other party; or to prevent or stop activity we consider to pose a risk of illegal, unethical or otherwise legally actionable. This may include disclosure to governments, law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, deem reasonable to respond to claims and legal process, including subpoenas, or otherwise protect the property or safety of Wethos, any person or property.
- In conjunction with the due diligence for and eventual completion of a sale, merger, acquisition or other change of ownership, control or investment of Wethos or with respect to the sale of any assets of Wethos.
- To post press releases and testimonials. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at s[email protected].
How we protect your data
Use of Services by Minors
You must be at least 18 years of age (or older, if required) to use the Services. In addition, we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have Personal Information from a child younger than 13, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the User’s account. If you become aware that someone under the age of 13 is using the Services, please contact us at [email protected] as soon as possible.
Our Response to Do Not Track Signals
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Wethos does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com
International Transfer of Personal Information and Transfer to Successors
What data breach procedures we have in place
Wethos is committed to protecting your security. As such, we utilize a variety of security measures, including electronic, physical, and managerial safeguards. However, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you transmit over the internet won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us or at any point thereafter. Therefore, you agree that you transmit Personal Information to the Services at your own risk and that Wethos will not be responsible or liable for any cost, harm, damage, claim, expense or any other loss related to the transmission, storage, use or breach of any Personal Information.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Our intention is to comply with the CCPA. Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: [email protected] or write to us at the following mailing address:
228 Park Ave S, PMB 68911 New York, New York 10003-1502 US
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
Our intention is to comply with the GDPR. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
You must put the statement “GDPR Rights” in the subject field of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.